Birthdays are a big deal in the Michelsen family and special cakes help complete the celebration! The top pic is of a Blutte Kake ... which is Norwegian and is probably misspelled. Rolf makes this for us and it is wonderful! It is moistened with either champagne or Sprite and frosted with whipped cream and fresh fruit.
The mermaid cake was so big that Savannah had to climb up on the table to blow out the candles.
The hot dog & fries cake was from Conrad's last birthday ... last November.
How fun! I missed the last cake party...where were we for Conrad's birthday?? I forgot for sure! Anyway the cakes are all gorgeous! I used to do handmade cakes every year for each kiddo, but once I got 2 kids on the same day and their b-days fall right at Easter time, I have simplified my cake making a bit! They still taste good, just not works of art. Did Erika have a fun one in FL?
5 comments:
Birthdays are a big deal in the Michelsen family and special cakes help complete the celebration! The top pic is of a Blutte Kake ... which is Norwegian and is probably misspelled. Rolf makes this for us and it is wonderful! It is moistened with either champagne or Sprite and frosted with whipped cream and fresh fruit.
The mermaid cake was so big that Savannah had to climb up on the table to blow out the candles.
The hot dog & fries cake was from Conrad's last birthday ... last November.
Thanks for letting me share!
How fun! I missed the last cake party...where were we for Conrad's birthday?? I forgot for sure! Anyway the cakes are all gorgeous! I used to do handmade cakes every year for each kiddo, but once I got 2 kids on the same day and their b-days fall right at Easter time, I have simplified my cake making a bit! They still taste good, just not works of art. Did Erika have a fun one in FL?
too cool....i've never seen a hot dog cake!!!!
I love your fun cakes! I want to start thinking outside the box for mine...Great job!
These are great. What a great tradition. So creative.
Post a Comment